COMMENCAL CLASH ESSENTIAL FROZEN BROWN
- TECHNICAL INFO
The CLASH continues its revolution! 27.5-inch wheels, long travel, aggressive geometry and kinematics... The CLASH is the 'do everything' bike - bike parks, enduro, big jump lines or outings pedal missions... It is exceedingly versatile!
As with our entire range, the geometry is the subject of our greatest attention:
- The uphill position is optimised thanks to an elongated top tube and a straighter seat angle.
- Its long front-end provides stability when everything is accelerating downhill. The short stem keeps a manoeuvrable and playful bike during slower parts of the ride.
- From the XS (27.5/26 wheels) to our adult models (S, M, L, XL) with 27.5-inch wheels, the CLASH is a very serious option for small and medium sized riders.
As 'Gravity' specialists, we know the importance of good kinematics that are suitable for the intended purpose of each of our bikes. An essential element for this year, the frame features a kinematic adjustment, just like on the FRS! This setting allows priority to either sensitivity (Sensitive) or dynamism (Dynamic):
- Sensitive mode for DH/Freeride use when you need comfort and grip
- Dynamic mode is ideal for smoother tracks, jump sessions with friends when you are looking for liveliness and play.
The CLASH - pure lines and a concentrate of technology. No compromises.
With the matte Frozen Brown colourways, this CLASH ESSENTIAL plays the classy card. FOX and SHIMANO are at the controls of this ESSENTIAL model.
FOX takes care of the suspension:
- The 38 Performance fork (38mm diameter stanchions) offers great precision when the going gets tough.
- The FOX Float X2 Performance shock provides excellent grip and reactivity.
There is also the SHIMANO SLX groupset which is renowned for reliability and ease of maintenance:
- The 12-speed, 10-51t gearset is perfect for rides with a lot of vertical.
- The 4-piston brakes with 203mm rotors offer excellent feel and power for serene and consistent braking whatever the conditions.
All these components make this CLASH a formidable weapon wherever the ride.
*Please note that bike specs are subject to change without prior notice.
ENDURO / FREERIDE
4 kg / 8.81 lb
Adjustable via flip chip: 170 mm on Grip position / 155 mm on Dynamic position
230 mm x 65 mm
Piggy back shock compatible
20 x 8 mm - 30 x 10 mm
Recommended/max. fork height
572 mm / 586 mm
ZS44 / ZS56
Maximum tyre dimension (etrto)
Disc brake standard
Postmount 200 mm
Rear rotor max. size
Seatpost/seat clamp diameter
34,9 mm / 38,5 mm
Bottom bracket type
Press Fit BB 92
Rear hub compatibility
148 x 12 mm
2022 CLASH, 170 mm travel
27.5'', Alloy 6066, triple butted tubes, T4, T6. Enduro bearings
FOX Float X2 Performance
230 x 65 mm, rebound, compression, 2 positions adjustment
FOX 38 Performance, 180 mm travel
27.5", Fit Grip damper, 3 positions, rebound, Boost (15 x 110 mm), 37 mm offset, 1 Token
Alloy cups, sealed bearings
RIDE ALPHA Freeride 40
40 mm extension, 31.8 mm
RIDE ALPHA R20 760 on S - RIDE ALPHA R27 780 on M / L - RIDE ALPHA R27 800 on XL
31.8 mm, 760 mm width, 20 mm rise, Alloy 6061 on S - 31.8 mm, 780 mm width, 27 mm rise, Alloy 6061 on M / L - 31.8 mm, 800 mm width, 27 mm rise, Alloy 6061 on XL
ODI Elite Motion
Soft pro compound, single clamp, black
SHIMANO SLX, 4 pistons, I-Spec EV compatible
Rotor: SHIMANO SM-RT76 203 mm, 6-bolt
SHIMANO SLX, 170 mm crank arms, Boost
Chainring: SHIMANO SLX, 34t, Dynamic Chain Engagement + Technology
DT SWISS E532
27.5'', 32h, 30 mm inner width
Rear: FORMULA DC-148A - Front: FORMULA DC-711
Rear: 32h, sealed bearings, Micro Spline - Front: 32h, sealed bearings
J-Bend, 2.0-1.8-2.0mm, double butted, stainless, with Nylok, black
Rear: MAXXIS DHR II - Front: MAXXIS Assegai
Rear: 27.5" x 2.4", WT, 3C MaxxTerra, EXO+, Tubeless Ready - Front: 27.5" x 2.5", WT, 3C MaxxGrip, EXO+, Tubeless Ready
34.9 mm, travel: 125 mm on S, 150 mm on M, 170 mm on L, 190 mm on XL, SouthPaw alloy remote
FIZIK Terra Alpaca X5
145 mm width, S-alloy rails
16,1 kg / 35.49 lb
Average weight for S size, without pedals. Weight may differ slightly due to manufacturing tolerances.
Down tube protector, chainstay protector, seatstay protector, shuttle pad