COMMENCAL CLASH RACE DARK SLATE
- TECHNICAL INFO
The CLASH continues its revolution! 27.5-inch wheels, long travel, aggressive geometry and kinematics... The CLASH is the 'do everything' bike - bike parks, enduro, big jump lines or outings pedal missions... It is exceedingly versatile!
As with our entire range, the geometry is the subject of our greatest attention:
- The uphill position is optimised thanks to an elongated top tube and a straighter seat angle.
- Its long front-end provides stability when everything is accelerating downhill. The short stem keeps a manoeuvrable and playful bike during slower parts of the ride.
- From the XS (27.5/26 wheels) to our adult models (S, M, L, XL) with 27.5-inch wheels, the CLASH is a very serious option for small and medium sized riders.
As 'Gravity' specialists, we know the importance of good kinematics that are suitable for the intended purpose of each of our bikes. An essential element for this year, the frame features a kinematic adjustment, just like on the FRS! This setting allows priority to either sensitivity (Sensitive) or dynamism (Dynamic):
- Sensitive mode for DH/Freeride use when you need comfort and grip
- Dynamic mode is ideal for smoother tracks, jump sessions with friends when you are looking for liveliness and play.
The CLASH - pure lines and a concentrate of technology. No compromises.
Under the matte Dark Slate paint, this RACE model is modern and edgy.
A top-of-the-range model, this CLASH features the best ROCKSHOX suspension currently available for a bike in this category:
- The Zeb Ultimate fork with 38mm stanchions offers precise and varied adjustments thanks to its Debonair air spring.
- The Super Deluxe Select Ultimate shock offers maximum grip and performance on the most steep and demanding trails.
The rest of the components have also been carefully selected:
- TRP DH-R Evo 4-piston brakes provide powerful and consistent braking in all conditions.
- The SRAM GX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain features a 10-52t gearset. An example of reliability and precision that makes it possible to approach each climb with confidence.
- DT SWISS custom wheels are designed specifically for this bike. They feature the EX511, one of the best enduro rims on the market today, plus the ever reliable and strong 350 hubs.
A CLASH model designed for performance.
*Please note that bike specs are subject to change without prior notice.
ENDURO / FREERIDE
4 kg / 8.81 lb
Adjustable via flip chip: 170 mm on Grip position / 155 mm on Dynamic position
230 mm x 65 mm
Piggy back shock compatible
20 x 8 mm - 30 x 10 mm
Recommended/max. fork height
572 mm / 586 mm
ZS44 / ZS56
Maximum tyre dimension (etrto)
Disc brake standard
Postmount 200 mm
Rear rotor max. size
Seatpost/seat clamp diameter
34,9 mm / 38,5 mm
Bottom bracket type
Press Fit BB 92
Rear hub compatibility
148 x 12 mm
2022 CLASH, 170 mm travel
27.5'', Alloy 6066, triple butted tubes, T4, T6. Enduro bearings
ROCKSHOX Super Deluxe Ultimate
230 x 65 mm, LSC, rebound, 2-position adjustment
ROCKSHOX Zeb Ultimate, 180 mm travel
27.5", Charger 2.1 damper, Debonair, LSC, HSC, rebound, Boost (15 x 110 mm), 38 mm offset, 0 Token
Alloy cups, sealed bearings
RIDE ALPHA Freeride 40
40 mm extension, 31.8 mm
RIDE ALPHA R20 760 on S - RIDE ALPHA R27 780 on M / L - RIDE ALPHA R27 800 on XL
31.8 mm, 760 mm width, 20 mm rise, Alloy 6061 on S - 31.8 mm, 780 mm width, 27 mm rise, Alloy 6061 on M / L - 31.8 mm, 800 mm width, 27 mm rise, Alloy 6061 on XL
ODI Elite Motion
Soft pro compound, single clamp, black
TRP DH-R Evo, 4 pistons
Rotor: TRP R1 203 mm, 6-bolt, 2.3 mm width
SRAM GX Eagle
SRAM GX Eagle
SRAM GX Eagle, 170 mm crank arms, DUB, Boost
Chainring: SRAM GX Eagle, 34t, Narrow-Wide
SRAM GX Eagle
DT SWISS EX511
27.5'', 28h, 30 mm inner width
Rear: DT SWISS 350 - Front: DT SWISS 350
Rear: 28h, sealed bearings, 12 x 148 mm, XD Driver, 36t ratchet, black - Front: 28h, sealed bearings, 15 x 110 mm, black
DT SWISS Competition
J-Bend, 2.0-1.8-2.0mm, double butted, stainless, with Nylok, black
Rear: MAXXIS DHR II - Front: MAXXIS Assegai
Rear: 27.5" x 2.4", WT, 3C MaxxTerra, EXO+, Tubeless Ready - Front: 27.5" x 2.5", WT, 3C MaxxGrip, EXO+, Tubeless Ready
KS Lev Integra
34.9 mm, travel: 125 mm on S, 150 mm on M, 175 mm on L, 200 mm on XL, SouthPaw alloy remote
SDG Bel Air V3 Atmos
15,5 kg / 34.17 lb
Average weight for S size, without pedals. Weight may differ slightly due to manufacturing tolerances.
Down tube protector, chainstay protector, seatstay protector, shuttle pad, Mudguard